A well-established client-side organisation with a strong foothold in the Midlands and wider UK. The organisation is seeking a motivated Health and Safety Manager to deliver H&S through a period of growth.
The role will be predominately managing service suppliers and ensuring correct H&S practices are adopted. The successful candidate will be joining the business through a period of acquisitions and will be tasked with driving the performance of the suppliers and improving the H&S standards You will work closely with the Managing Director, Asset Managers and Facilities Managers.
- To champion Health and Safety & Environment delivery across all business functions for Asset Managers, Finance departments and Estates/Projects teams.
- Guide, educate and assist staff from Board level down to site level.
- Able to present at Board level, but be ‘hands on’ with advice at site level.
- Provide advice and support necessary to assist Directors, Managers and Staff to fulfil their safety responsibilities to the standards required.
- Facilitate and coach operational teams on HSE principles.
- Lead any relevant HSE assurance activities providing confidence to the business on operational effectiveness and compliance.
- An experienced HSE professional with a track record of working across a significant commercial portfolio and major development projects.
- Have appropriate level qualifications for the post described.
- Can manage and co-ordinate suppliers or in house advisors to deliver efficient service.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels and to advise stakeholders with confidence.
- Embraces change and sees new ways of working as an opportunity to improve.
- Able to present a business case for resources or initiatives as seen necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed:
You will develop the HSE strategy for the company which has been taken from external suppliers to in house function and provide guidance and platform for the company to continue compliance with statutes and best value practice. You will have a strategic outlook with the ability to convert strategy into a delivery plan. You will lead the delivery and implementation of the HSE strategies and look to develop and enhance personal and technical safety.
What you’ll get in return
In return, you will work in an autonomous environment with opportunity to develop and progress your career. The organisation offers an excellent rewards package, with a salary of £45,000 – £50,000 + £5,000 car allowance, fuel card, pension and health care option. You will work on a national basis operating form the company’s Head Officeapply now